DVR ALERT: Fox Network Changes, Sept. 2-4
Fox Networks have been busy of late, and they’re not finished quite yet.
Changes are summarized in the image above (click to enlarge) and copy below. Check local listings for channel numbers. We also recommend you check your DVR settings to make sure the affected shows record on the right day, time, and channel.
Fox’s planned changes could impact series (a.k.a., season pass) recordings, plus other recording options available on your Suddenlink DVR or Suddenlink TiVo device. Also, depending on when your channel guide updates, you may need to wait until the day before or day of the noted show changes to update your DVR settings.
On Aug. 17 …
- Fox Networks changed the name of the Speed Channel to Fox Sports 1.
On Sept. 2 …
- Fox Networks will change the name of Fox Soccer to FXX.
- Immediately after the change, FXX will be on the same Suddenlink channel number that Fox Soccer is on today and remain available to most Suddenlink customers on an incremental level of digital TV service (either “digital basic” or a “digital tier”).
On Sept. 4 …
- Fox Networks will move the following shows from FX to FXX: “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. CT), “The League” (Wednesdays, 9:30 p.m. CT), and “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell” (Mondays through Thursdays, 10 p.m. CT).
- Fox Networks will move “The Ultimate Fighter” (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. CT) from FX to Fox Sports 1.